4-cylinder Ranger timing belt tensioner spring replacement

After replacing the head gasket and everything above it, I have come to the final steps in re-assembly before I light the fires. However, I spent an hour yesterday trying to get the timing belt tensioner spring back on without breaking my knuckles. I ended up with a lot of bruises and cuts, and no tensioned timing belt.

Is there a special tool I can rent/buy that provides tension to this small torsion spring? Does anyone have any advice for reinstalling the tensioner spring?

Copy and past this URL for an image of the tensioner spring:

Needforspeed3685

snipped-for-privacy@cox.net wrote in news:1166465867.167839.269480@

80g2000cwy.googlegroups.com:

Yes there is a special tool. KB