84 Ford "volume H"

Hey all, I'm looking for the 1984 equivilant of the Ford "Volume H" Emissions and Drivability Manual. IIRC it was a year specific paper manual. The car is a 1984 Lincoln Mark VII. I've got the Shop Manual and the EVTM. I need the Emissions manual. Ebay has been my friend lately for parts and the manuals that I have, this one eludes me though. I've got a CFI concern that I can't figure out. Tom

Reply to
Tom Adkins

whats wrong with car .. i dont have emissions manual but i have access to other info

Reply to
Rob

"Tom Adkins" wrote

- Emissions Diagnosis

- Engine/Electronics

- All Car Models Calls itself volume "HC" on spine and contents page.

Anything easy I can look up for you? (I don't have a scanner or high-speed I-Net, and I can't type fast).

Reply to
MasterBlaster

"MasterBlaster" > Drivability Manual. IIRC it was a year specific paper manual. The car is a 1984

since you cant type fast. we will not ask you to type out the book page for page. but pages 3 to 98 will do ;-)

Reply to
norwichunion

Rough idle, intermittant surging at idle with stalling. It feels like a vacuum leak but I've been over all of the lines and can't find any leaks. I'm starting to suspect the EGR plate under the CFI throttle body. It used to be common for the plate to burn through on carbed vehicles and cause idle concerns.The idle control system has me puzzled. It's vacuum operated instead of having an ISC motor like the CFI that I'm familiar with. I have an 88 Volume H but there are enough differences between the years that it leads into dead ends.

Reply to
Tom Adkins

Figured it out. Chunks of carbon in the EGR passage were intermittantly blocking the valve open. Cleaned the adaptor plate and valve, good as new. I stumbled across a TSB fron the late 80's addressing this concern. It showed removing the EGR cooler and installing a filter of sorts to keep large pieces of carbon out of the valve. The filter is, of course, unavailable. I removed the cooler, installed shorter studs and remounted the valve. I guess the cooler was causing the large hard pieces of carbon to form.

Reply to
Tom Adkins

Reply to
Happy Traveler