'90Tbird LX, does this thing even HAVE a MAF?

I'm at a loss here.. as to if it even has one, let alone location.. autozones site under component locations, it says it's on the intake hose.. nope, nothing on there at all.. then when you browse to buy one it says "not required".. Advanced auto's site actualy sells one.. but the picture isn't of anything I see under that hood.. am I under that hood snipe hunting or what here?

Reply to
Dark1

Since you don't even know whether or not you have a MAF sensor, what could possibly make you think you need one? Bob

Reply to
Bob

well I've since found that this maf they're selling for my car doesn't exist, but I needed to know because it was suggested to me in this group earlier that it was responsible for my lean exhaust condition.. thanks for your help.

Reply to
Dark1

The '90 does not have a MAF sensor. It uses a speed density system which utilizes a MAP sensor which is mounted to the firewall. Do you have any fault codes? What are they? What operational problems or symptoms do you have? Someone here may be able to help if you have the exact codes along with the engine/trans in your car.

Reply to
lugnut