92 Crown Victoria Electrical gremlins

I loaned my old car to relatives and while they were driving they saw a puff of smoke from under the dash. The dash/instrument lights were gone and the turn signals only worked intermittently. After a while they quit completely also. Other wise seems ok. Anyone had a similar event? Dealer wants $125 for simple diagnosis. Where can I start looking? B PS--I apologize for the dupe. (been a long time)

Reply to
buck4now