94 5.0 wont charge

just replaced the alternator and i'm not getting a charge. the battery, and wires and connections are good. is the voltage regulator part of the alternator or is it a seperate unit? could it be the pcm?

Reply to
nylandsolutions

Why are you assuming the replacement alternator is good? Have it tested.

Reply to
Sharon Cooke

A better question is why he assumes the original alternator is bad?

Reply to
Bob

I fail to see why that's a 'better' question, but when the old alternator was in the car and not giving a charge, it was also assumed that the original problem was a defective alternator, and a defective alternator could STILL be the problem; only testing will tell.

Reply to
Sharon Cooke

I would think the smart thing to do would have been to test the original alternator. When you start assuming things it gets expensive. He may just have a bad connection somewhere or a burned fuse link.. Bob

Reply to
Bob

Reply to
Phillip McCracken