97 Aerostar Part

Anyone know what this part is? It's a hollow piece, mounted at the top and hangs down near the firewall on the driver's side. Connections must be through the top - can't see them. Searched online but couldn't find anything with the number stamped on it - F09B11023. Closest was F09B, which has to do with motorized mirrors, which this one doesn't have.

Bob

Reply to
Guv Bob

Here's a closer look...
While I was snapping photos, here's another part I can't ID and curious about:

Guv Bob

I believe the first part is a heimholz resonator (silencer) connected to the intake? and the second is a damper in either bthe AC high pressure hose or the fuel line to eliminate noise from pressure spikes

Reply to
clare

what's it attached to above it? Looks like a cowl drain.

GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh