98 Contour Electrical Problems

My daughter has my old 98 Contour V6 5-speed. Lost the interior fan, and thus a/c. Seems that the rheostat and wiring harness was burned out. Amazing it did not start a fire too. Replaced both, and new rheostat burned out within 2 days. Sounds like the fan is drawing a lot of current.

Anyone had this problem??

Thanks.

Larry

Reply to
LarryLarry2003

check

I know there were electrical problems with some of the switches and recalls involvinig some of these.

Reply to
Jeff