98 Ranger: replacing timing belt

2.5 engine, manual trans. The crankcase pulley needs to be removed to get the new belt on. Is the bolt on the pulley left hand or right hand thread?
Reply to
haywood jablomy

i had a ranger once, i saved myself a lot of work replacing parts, and replaced the truck ;P

the best thing that ever happened to my ranger was the day i sold it.

Reply to
Picasso

It will be regular right hand thread. The easiest way to remove it is with an impact. There is a trick using a breaker bar and bumping the starter but I've always chosen not to do it that way. That seems like a Murphy event waiting to happen. Wedge the flywheel with a big screwdriver to hold the crank.

Reply to
Tom Adkins

Thats not exactly a helpful answer. ;-P

I'm not sure why you had problems with your Ranger. They're consitently one of the best rated, most dependable vehicles Ford makes. I've had 3 and have been very, very pleased with the service they've given me.

CJB

Reply to
CJB

I think i had a lemon. i thought i was being smart and trying to save fuel, i didn't save much fuel, and increased my repairs... i went back to an f150 (wanted an F250 LD, but they dont have it anymore).

I haven't been hearing great things about the 250 diesels though... lot of injector nightmares frmo other guys at work... luckily they all mostly lease... and it was covered

Reply to
Picasso

Yeah, there's a bad apple in every bunch. What year, eng, and trans did you have?

CJB

Reply to
CJB