Chjinese Pressure/Vacuum Checker

Picked up one of these at Harbor Freight today. $16, less the usual 20% coupon. I just wanted the gauge for a one-time test so I figured it was worth a chance. Package was sealed so I expected the usual flimsy plastic single-use crap, but was pleasantly surprised. First class gauge. A few sucks and blows (sorry ladies) and it always responded well and came back to exactly zero. Came with a good quality 2 ft hose and 5 adapters, all brass and one plastic tee. Gauge has thick rubber wrapped around for shock protection, and a very well-written manual. So now I can return the vacuum hose ($5) and package of plastic tees ($4) I bought at the auto parts place.

Dammit - I hate when Chinese made stuff works. I still hope their stock market craters.

Fuel Pump and Vacuum Tester Pittsburgh Automotive - item# 93547

Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney

Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney posted for all of us...

one plastic tee. Gauge has thick rubber wrapped around for shock protection, and a very well-written manual. So now I can return the vacuum hose ($5) and package of plastic tees ($4) I bought at the auto parts place.

Does it have a certificate of calibration? How do you know how accurate it is? The o-rings inside will get leaky because the chambers aren't sealed that well and safarcus gets inside and chews them up. Just sayin... It will probably work well for your app. But drop it on the gauge and head out to buy a new one. Even an expensive analog tire gauge craps out if dropped.

Reply to
Tekkie®