Dealer or Independent Shop?

It's real simple, don't reply to my posts then. If you don't want to be engaged in this forum, don't engage, much more graceful than telling someone to not talk to you.

"Debate?" You can't debate me on this subject.

Because if my posts irritate you, all you need to do is refrain from responding, and that action in and of itself does not require an announcement.

Are you a Baptist minister or merely clueless to the world?

Because I said "f*ck?"

No, not when that person actually knows what they're talking about which is something that you've readily demonstrated that you don't.

Reply to
Neil Nelson

I've got to ask one question;

Back in July, in the newsgroup alt.hvac you made one claim that you weren't a mechanic, then in another post in the same thread, you claimed that you'd been a mechanic for ten years.

In the imortal words...

"Wus sup wid dat?"

Curious minds and bull-shit spotters want to know. 8^)

Reply to
Neil Nelson

The 10 years was a typo, and I have left the industry (in 1998). I too, did some research. You have offered a lot of good advice to people in the past, but do seem a bit quick tempered, then again, I know a typed message can be misinterpreted. If I offended you, I apologize, but I make a habit of not arguing opinions. Hopefully, you have formed yours from valuable experience, and I would not expect you to change it because it differs from mine.

Reply to
Michael O

They are hoping that the fix will be free under warranty?

Reply to
Timothy J. Lee

In article , Michael O wrote: (snip)

I've only found one so far. It's not the dealer.

(snip)

So, no, I don't. I also usually use NAPA parts instead of the more expensive Ford parts.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Carroll

When the car is new I would go to the dealer. When the car gets to be a few years old I tend to bring it to a local shop I trust. Local shops can handle most basic needs. Its when things get funky and special tools or test equipment is needed that you end up back at the dealers.

My 95 T-Bird has not been in any shop for repairs since 1998 when I had the valve body of the tranny replaced under warranty. Everything has been routine maintenance that I have been able to handle.

Reply to
Steve Stone