EGR problems 1999 Tauraus

I keep coding for P0401 insuff air flow., brought a cheap erg valve at AZone, if ERG is ok then how in the heck can I clean the Manifold to create a decent air flow.

Thank in advance.

Reply to
cathr

Thomas Moats

Ditto what Thomas said! Wonder what would happen if you started the car with the egr valve disconnected from the tube to exh manifold?

If there doesnt seem to be much exhaust thru there, wonder what would happen if you looked for a long shank wire brush of approp diameter at a hardware store and used it to clean out the tube passage? And then started it again with a paper towel over the end to avoid having crap blown all over you..

I just ask because I havent done it.

Thomas Moats opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Reply to
cathr

cathr opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.east.earthlink.net:

"Make sure there is no exhaust leak in the EGR circuit, "

The "circuit" is the path for exhaust gases into the manifold.

Just clean it as stated above, see if it makes a difference.

As to testing it... maybe there's a reference to be found by googling this group

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

If you do not have at least some knowledge of how the sub-systems in the EGR circuit work to make the EGR do as it is suppose to, you are on the same level as a parts replacing rip off artist. I do not say that to push buttons or "flame you", but I tend to call a spade a spade and never sugar coat it. But I assume that is why you do not want to take it to a mechanic, you feel you would just be ripped off. The only difference here is that you will not pay labor, just pay for replacing parts that are not the cause.

Reply to
Thomas Moats

Reply to
cathr