Escort 94 Air Con comes and goes

I have an Escort 94 1.9 CFI auto, a great car. But recently it started to give me trouble in the middle of Texas hot summer. The air condition sometimes came and sometimes gone. I went to the auto repair shop once. The guy cannot figure out exactly why. When I push the Air Con button, the indicator is on. The repair guy said that sometimes the compressor can't get start. If so, which line may be loose? How to check. Thank you in advance for the kindness help.

Reply to
AW

I found on my V6 Tempo that the compressor clutch has an intermittant open. It would work for 15 min to an hour, then if I stopped at the store or something the clutch would not engage. after lots of head scratching I foind that I still had power and ground to the compressor and the idle would compensate for the expected load. Now I just gotta get the $100 for the clutch kit.

Reply to
Tom

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 18:23:54 -0700, "AW" wrote: low coolanyt levels will also cause the system to cycle..

Reply to
Lefty