F150 tranny problem

My 87 F150, 351, auto tranny made a bang and slipped out of reverse the day before yesterday, then yesterday it seemed like it was slipping while drive in drive, then when I parked and came out and put it in reverse it wouldn't go, seamed like park, reverse, and neutral all acted like park, but

1 through Drive worked, so had to get the guy in front of me to move so I could go in drive, then today I was turning around, didn't quite make the turn, so tried reverse, it went in and stayed there, now I seam to have reverse and 5 parks. This truck is on it's way out anyway, box rusted through, almost 400,000 Km on it, or 250,000 miles, so I will probably just part out the good parts, but thought I would ask here first what everyone thinks of the tranny, is it dead, worth fixing or what?
Reply to
Greg

gee i hope i get that lucky with my 87 f-150 ,302

My 87 F150, 351, auto tranny made a bang and slipped out of reverse the day before yesterday, then yesterday it seemed like it was slipping while drive in drive, then when I parked and came out and put it in reverse it wouldn't go, seamed like park, reverse, and neutral all acted like park, but

1 through Drive worked, so had to get the guy in front of me to move so I could go in drive, then today I was turning around, didn't quite make the turn, so tried reverse, it went in and stayed there, now I seam to have reverse and 5 parks. This truck is on it's way out anyway, box rusted through, almost 400,000 Km on it, or 250,000 miles, so I will probably just part out the good parts, but thought I would ask here first what everyone thinks of the tranny, is it dead, worth fixing or what?
Reply to
Salmon Slayer

Funny I just looked at an 87 F150 302 today.

Reply to
Greg

how much did they want for it??

Reply to
Salmon Slayer

$ 3200.00 Canadian, about $ 2500.00 US

Reply to
Greg

that not bad is it in good shape...?

$ 3200.00 Canadian, about $ 2500.00 US

Reply to
Salmon Slayer

Interior like new, ext. just painted

Reply to
Greg

oh you should bye that sounds good. how did it run??

Interior like new, ext. just painted

Reply to
Salmon Slayer

Well I took it for a drive today, not that great, it sounded just like a deisel, and something thumping so hard under my left foot I thought it was going to come through the floor, if the trucks still there on Monday I will take it into shop and see what's what.

Reply to
Greg

so did you bye or you just thinking about it?? i have a 92 grand am GT for sale it need frez plugs put in and rear window that leak alittle.other then that it only has 84000 miles on ......