F250 - 'remote' ignition / advice / suggestions

Cheers,

I have a 1995 F-250 wAuto Trans & 4WD. I was thinking about treating my wife this Christmas to one of those: "remote" ignition add ons. Where she can start the pickup in our driveway from right outside the back door of our house.

Anybody have any: Experience Advice Suggestions.

I saw one "kit" advertised for about $80.

Talked to one fellow, installed one on another vehicle... said he wouldn't do it again.

???

Thanks in advance

Reply to
datadr77

has Remote start with Keyless Entry for only $79.99 Long Range antenna included. Easy Installation.

Reply to
Im Right

The devices are relatively cheap, it is the installation that gets complicated and costly, particularly with PATS. I have had remotes on all of my vehicles from many years. both dealer installed and after market. I prefer the dealer installed since the original warranty covers the system. From what I've read GM and Ford will offer factory units for some 2004 models

mike hunt

dotard wrote:

Reply to
BenDover

most auto detailing shops, and radio install shops install these units. i had it done to 3 cars so far, and had no problems. for a car it was $200. be advised though, if you have a manual trans , most auto start units will not work

Reply to
Falcoon

There are lots of different brands here

all manufactured by Directed of course. They also list some with outputs for heater controls, don't know how they work. This site also lets you download brochures. I had a Clifford Matrix security system with remote start, window and sun roof controls installed by the Car Audio store that did my competition stereo install. Extremely long range, across a Mall parking lot, of course that depends on interference etc. Mine has a two radial horizontal antenna on the windshield behind the mirror. Don't even notice it's there.

I. Care

Reply to
I. Care