Ford E350 Fuel Pump Question.

Let me be more specific, Where is the inertia switch on my 1993 E350 with a

460, it's a Motor Home. E350 1 ton Van chassie.

I found the switch that shuts off the gas in case of a head on collision; it's inside on the passenger side firewall.

I need to jumper a switch so the fuel pump will run when motor isn't.

Remember Guy's, I'm a girl not a mechanic so don't get too technical please.

I' m pretty sure the fuel pump is bad but I want to try to run it before I have a friend drop the tank to replace the pump.

And while were on it. Who makes a good fuel pump to replace it with. I understand the one's by Ford are pretty wimpey. Or do I just replace it with Ford's and add a Hi-Pressure in-line pump down stream.

Thank's to all you guy's that have helped me.

Julie

Reply to
Julie in Tampa

I guess no one knows. :(

Reply to
Julie in Tampa

run a wire from any positive ( +) battery source to one of the wires on the inertia switch. 1 of those wires goes to the pump, the other to the relay. Just try them both to see if the pump will run.

Reply to
Scott M

"I think my fuel pump is dead. Where do I jumper to make it run with key off? Someone said the Inertis switch. But that is just an off/on switch in case of front in collision, The Inertis switch is ok. I assume there is a relay somewhere. But where?

1994 Ford E350 460 Van chassis. It's a Motor Home"

You said you think the pump is bad, that means it will not work. You will not be able to "jump" it, raise it from the dead, scare it too life. You will have to find another way to get the fuel out to replace the pump. Or are you really asking "How do I check the pump to see if it has failed?" because you did not or do not know how to check the pumps electrical circuit to find out what the real problem is?

Reply to
Thomas Moats