Geiger Cars Adds 200 Horsepower to the Ford GT

MUNICH, Germany -- If you've heard of Geiger Cars, then you'll know just how much this Munich-based tuning company loves making American cars and sport-utilities faster and a lot crazier. The company's latest creation is this, a 701-horsepower Ford GT that is limited to a top speed of only 211 mph.

Read More:

----------------------------------- Ford NewsHub: Auto news sourced from websites, portals and blogs

sjmassey

What is the point in installing an engine rated at 1,000,000,000 horsepower if the speed limit on the interstate is 70 MPH ?

Reply to
Shawn

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@s19g2000prg.googlegroups.com...

Shawn, it's an extension of the Muscle Car days in the mid-late 60s. The top speed limit then was only around 70-75 mph. We didn't need top speeds of 150-200 then either, but they were available. It was a hell of a lot of fun getting to 75 mph back then though. Of course, nobody EVER went over 75mph in 1969... ;) Dude, did you ever hear of that recent phenomenon called a Drag Strip? It's a controlled environment where folks with a speed fetish have fun going insanely fast and spanking Asian car and Chevy owners. (It's kind of a B&D fetish club on wheels). :)

Reply to
Tom Adkins

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@s19g2000prg.googlegroups.com...

OOPS ! I totally forgot about the drag strip. It has been a long time since I craved speed & power.

Reply to
Shawn