Idle Too Low

I have a 1995 Ford Club Wagon. It idles too low. It showed a throtle position sensor code and I replaced the sensor.

It's still too low. Is there a hard idle adjustment where i can crank it up a notch or two??

thanks Jude

Reply to
jman

How do you KNOW it's too low? Did you put a tach on it? Should idle about

650RPM if a V8, 750 if a six.

Do NOT adjust a screw!!!!

How about when you start cold, does it idle right then?

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

No, it dies when it's cold. I also replace the coolant temp sensor as it showed that code also.

When it's warmed up it idles as low as it can go without dying. when it's cold, it does die.

Reply to
jman

Why didnt you just say that!

Replace the IAC valve/assembly... it sits astride the throttle plate.

After you do that, and it's back to normal... then JUST SUPPOSE I had shown you some screw to adjust.

Think about it.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

You're welcome...please post if that fixes it.

And tell your friends... oh wait, that wont increase my income a dam bit! ;)

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Idle control valve fixed it. Thanks!!!

Reply to
jman

Heh... chalk up another satisfied customer for alt.autos.ford

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic