Inertia Switch - 2005 Ranger

Is it a manual transmission? Can she use the clutch very well? Is she running over curbs? :) Did the dealer show her how to reset it herself? That would be a good idea.....
snipped-for-privacy@southwind-dot-net.no-spam.invalid (john367) wrote in

Did they actually look at what was ADJACENT to the switch?
Doubtful that switch trips on shock through it's mounting, MORE likely something hitting the switch assy itself.
Like, say, if the kick panel on some models has no padding on that side, then someone kicking - while crossing legs or something ( ;) )- the kickpanel would do it.
replying to Geof, TRP19430 wrote: Had the same thing happen in my Ranger Edge from about 6 months after I bought until I got rid of it. It would go off at the most random times. It seemed to go off while getting onto interstate entrance and merging onto the interstate a lot. I could be driving through a normal intersection and hit a bump where the concrete slabs aren't even. It took the slightest bump the times it did go off. I never did figure out what was going on. I finally just temporarily locked the switch in the "running" position and never had another problem.