JC Whitney clear bait and switch tactic

I bought some headers from JC Whitney website and they were completely wrong from what they advertised on the site. And even on the box it shows a the right set of headers but when I opened the box the headers that I pulled out were some gross completely different set that were nothing like what I expected or ordered. But you take a look for yourself here is a link to the website that shows the headers that I ordered.

And here is a picture of what I got from them.
Maybe it is flowtechs fault but I think that it is jc whitneys' responsibility to back what they sell. I have already emailed them explaining my problem lets see what happens when they respond. I will keep you updated.

David

Reply to
ME And My Mustang NG

"ME And My Mustang NG" wrote

A problem has been detected. You do not appear to be the owner of this album. Make sure you are logged in.

Reply to
MasterBlaster

JC Whitney clear bait and switch tactic Group: alt.autos.ford Date: Wed, Jun 25, 2003, 5:31am (EDT+4) From: snipped-for-privacy@qwest.net (ME=A0And=A0My=A0Mustang=A0NG)

""""""""""""""""snip""""""""""""""

And here is a picture of what I got from them.

Eric Toline

if you want anyone to see the picture of your headers you will have to make sure the web site you have them on does not come up with, this is not your web site, it does not display what you want others to see... its like you have a private library of your pictures... it probably picks up the cookie from your computer and you have no problem viewing them...

Reply to
jim

I bought some headers from JC Whitney website and they were completely wrong from what they advertised on the site. And even on the box it shows a the right set of headers but when I opened the box the headers that I pulled out were some gross completely different set that were nothing like what I expected or ordered. But you take a look for yourself here is a link to the website that shows the headers that I ordered.

And here is a picture of what I got from them.
Maybe it is flowtechs fault but I think that it is jc whitneys' responsibility to back what they sell. I have already emailed them explaining my problem lets see what happens when they respond. I will keep you updated.

David

Sorry here is an updated link.

ME And My Mustang NG

JC Whitney clear bait and switch tactic

Group: alt.autos.ford Date: Wed, Jun 25, 2003, 5:31am (EDT+4) From: snipped-for-privacy@qwest.net (ME And My Mustang NG)

""""""""""""""""snip""""""""""""""

And here is a picture of what I got from them.

ME And My Mustang NG

Snip

Sorry here is an updated link.

ME And My Mustang NG

That's not bait and switch. Bait and switch is when a store advertises an amazing price for a certain item to get you in the store, then tell you "you don't want that, you should get this other one over here." JC whitney either misrepresented or made a mistake, or the manufacturer has substituted. I don't see why they wouldn't correct it.

Reply to
-brad-

"ME And My Mustang NG" wrote

The box apparently shows part # 49100FLT. That seems to be the GM "car" style, where the original pipes angle back. The trucks are more likely squared off, like the ones they sent you.

There's several other part numbers, with presumable different shapes. What part number were you expecting?

MasterBlaster

Reply to
Whole Lotta Tom

When posting links to your photos/albums, make sure you are not signed in when copying the link. In other words you must view it as "guest"

Otherwise, the cookie system wont let anyone in, as is the case here.

Backyard Mechanic

You must be a genius you know that? your only the fiftieth person to post the same exact message about that. But not one of you posted the update before I posted a corrected link. Better late then never only counts if you are doing a service that matters. Not when your just stepping on someone else's toes trying real hard to look clever.

Reply to
ME And My Mustang NG