Mach Audio

Shopping for a new Taurus and wonder whether the Mach audio option is more than two extra speakers on the upper door edge. Is it the same as the standard SEL audio otherwise? It sure looks it. Are the other speakers upgraded as well? Any thoughts? Incidentally, they made formerly standard features for the Taurus SEL optional and they also took away the chrome in the front grille. Cost cutting?

Reply to
Dan Streb

in reallity it is the MOCK Audio system the car company will mock you (make fun of you behind your back) for wasting all that extra dough on their "audio" system.

Reply to
Im Right

That's not exactly helpful. No manufacturer makes an aftermarket system for this car as the controls are digital and integrated with the heater controls.

Reply to
Dan Streb

Dan,

If you like music go with the MACH audio setup. I had a 01 Sable LS with the integrated digital A/C controls and you are right on NO ONE and I mean no one makes an aftermarket unit that will integrate with this type of system. I actually had to use a line level output converter with the stock non MACH radio/cd changer and a separate amplifier in the trunk. I upgraded all the speakers as well. In the end I spent at least as much as the MACH option cost and boy did I have a pain in the butt trying to get everything worked out with the amp and head unit. The MACH setup is different than the basic audio system. To the best of my knowledge the RCU/amp located in the trunk is of a higher output with the MACH audio something like 200 watts compared with 40 watts for the standard setup. The MACH is also setup for the extra speakers and the standard audio system is not. On the MACH audio the extra speakers are component tweeters and the front door speakers are mid/woofers and the MACH RCU/amp has the crossover system built-in whereas the basic setup does not. Hope this helps.

Reply to
Scott