Nackered bonnet lever on Fiesta Zetec

Hi All. Tried to open the bonnet on my '03 Fiesta Zetec 1.6 today, and nothing happens. Closer inspection reveals that the cable has disappeared without trace into the internal fittings. Great. Can it be opened by poking something through the grille? I had a look, but can't see anything. I hope that there's something there if I look even harder. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Reply to
Mr. Spigot

Hate to say it but if the grill is plastic and you cannot reach the latch by going up through the bottom of the vehicle, you may have to take a hammer and chisel and just smash out the grill. How much money would a new grill cost?

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt