Old car price guide? is there a rating sysem? 1940 Ford Conv.

I will soon be selling a 1940 Ford Deluxe Conv. and would like some idea of it's value. I am told there is a rating system of 1 to 6 for the condition of old cars. is this so? Is there a web site that describes it?

Forget NADA they stop at 1946.

This car is really bad, in need of 10 years of work and several thousand dollars before it will be nice again, but as it is a convertible I'm told it's rare and worth something.

Waiting for the DMV to send me the title before I list it on eBay.

Thanks Randy Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

Couple of ideas...

    do a search for the year make and model and compare yours in conditions, appearance, etc, to any listed (you might have to bracket the year with a year earlier and later)

IIRC there are some appraisers listed. They will appraise for a fee, and have reps nationwide. The fee may be worth the expense if it gets you a good return from the sale.

    (not positive about the URL) and see if they have any listed. Not sure what they might have for appraisals.

  1. Check other available classifieds (ie
    where I just looked at a 39 Ford Deluxe 4 Dr not running but ready for restoration with an asking of ,000).

What you have leans more toward either a full restoration, or, more likely, a rodder.

Good Luck

Reply to
Spike

Addendum.... also check Yellow Pages for any local appraisers or custom car shops which can possibly give you some leads....

Reply to
Spike

Damn ! that looks nice !

I saw a super straight Black and Silver 67 'stang here in the UK last week. Beautiful cars.

Reply to
joe schmoe

Where you at in the UK? I once lived in Prestwick and in Troon, Scotland. Loved it.

Reply to
Spike

I saw the 'stang in Matlock Bath. I don't live too far away from there in the "pleasant east Midlands" NO not Nottingham ;-)

Reply to
joe schmoe

I went to Nottingham once.... very touristy... and not much forest.... How ol' Robin and his Merry Men hid is a great mystery... : 0 )

We traveled down the middle to Southampton to pick up a car in from Iceland, and then drove it to South Riceslip (sp?) where we dropped it off before heading home... camping along the way. Did do the London tour, of course. Madame Tussaud's, Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, etc. Missed the turn to Stonehenge while doing a roundabout (for about the fifth time). Stayed and toured Scotland for the most part.

Lot of GI's left cars behind when they returned to the states. Usually sold to another GI until somebody just junked it. I left my 72 in the Azores. Even the Vietnamese Base Commander had a 67 Mustang back in '69.

We had an old Anglia (like a 49 Ford that got washed in hot water and shrank) with the turn flags that stuck out the side.... Passenger seat fell over backward every time you started moving.... what a riot.

Reply to
Spike

A person from a less well off part of Detroit or Gary Indiana might feel at home in Nottingham central nowadays. Quite "entertaining"

Reply to
joe schmoe

Entertaining? Like when Luke's father went to the Dark Side of the Force?

Reply to
Spike

That's a good way of putting it.. Every see or hear about Liberia in the News?

Less Robin Hood, more robb'n in the hood ;-)

Reply to
joe schmoe

Yep.

Reply to