old man taurus

i have a 89 taurus 3.8 efi v6, the probelm is it hesitates on acceleration pedal to floor, plus after driving for awhile when i go to restart the car it wont start unless i shoot some starting fluid then it will start. ive check just about everything like the tps,act,ect,egr pressure sensor,map sensor,egr regulator,idle control valve,fuel pump which is new. ive also check the plugs and wires and cap and the rotor which i replace a while back ago. some of these sensor are new to. i also ran the self diagnosis test and it passed. im thinking fuel pressure regulator but not sure. any ideals? p/s i fixed my egr valve tube which was rusted out thinking that was the probelm. thinkyou. xanic.

Reply to
Jim Rockford

What is the fuel pressure, key on engine off and key on engine running?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Think you, too.

Sounds like the fuel rail check valve is stuck open, allowing the fuel to drain back into the tank.

Reply to
DeserTBoB

You probably need to check the fuel pressure but, my thoughts are that if it has enough pressure to run on, it should have enough to start. The fact that it starts with ether or starting fluid may indicate a bad coil. Some of those E-coils would appear to have a good spark but, it was a bit on the orange side for color. You need a good blue spark. If you are not getting this for 1/2" or so, I would replace the coil. An orange spark may be good enough to fire it up with starting fluid.

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut