Pulstar, the pulse plug

Pulstar, the pulse plug, makes ordinary spark plugs obsolete.

Pulse plugs incorporate a pulse circuit, which stores incoming electrical energy from the ignition system and releases the stored energy in a powerful pulse of power. Instead of 50 watts of peak power typical of all spark plugs, pulse plugs deliver up to 1 million watts of peak power.

If you desire more horsepower and improved gas economy, visit our website for complete information as to how Pulstar works and how to buy.

-----BEGIN GARBAGE----- olfiK9sI0RkE9SqsjTJ4AGU4w66RpBBiEMLx3cEGpH4r0IWfgVectQS8ieDnhO7y nwc2uLsrhPsYPC6NeabQChK94OleZQwGI7daV+JwSfAFVtNieowjkuLodG0yYps5

9jwjvUuD/dNbFubBHnPlYVvJJXkwlf29UpcyRj33m3lqTxxjCuAnqPHjNhgwWXZa BPdmyd7zEBinVEJI93m6kFlJMI/+SJgyhkp/CGgwwi4HQ39SOb07g+KZADgu+zV1 AT4PV+aVHszv1AAPn0dsilY5LiFgWG8VsMeAcAO44VH4m1ZA1Z20FS5fDMySJMAk VAlBZw4L0pgy7Y7J9CuDdMTK+2xa39AdJemYT4Jlf4UUnCKawOR7G9fZxKYtqou+ WANJgV48UOJZ+GMnMCcjObwPI43ztQx35KOGwFGGYea0e1na6G7Ii5lgnAwJAVt+ Cu8HSz70m0rGX3SxaowuPZo+ZSBj7P+pslKfsPuYxJa5UDvu8G79X+zP1DUGB1O9 U+MlWmY8ixlZKYxjUYcyIjsjgsvivxvZFmqYBGowzznxqpD+S6cetTzSUMlN1IQd z0U6ZF9hkYK3r53i

-----END GARBAGE-----

Reply to
Anonymous Sender

With a spark that's only a couple nanoseconds in duration, I would worry about electromagnetic interference to devices that are pretty much immune to the much longer discharges of ordinary plugs (cell phones, GPS receivers, satellite radio). As for the improvement in combustion efficiency, somehow it does not make too much sense to me. Whether the spark lasts a microsecond or a nanosecond, the duration is very small compared to the propagation time of the combustion front (hundred of microseconds, probably). The advertisement uses instantaneous power rather than energy to create an impression that a miracle occurs somewhere. But being a passive device, this thing can at best deliver the same energy as an ordinary spark plug - probably much less, because of losses in the circuitry. Hmm... Any combustion experts on this group to provide a more educated insight into those claims?

Reply to
Happy Traveler

Hi...

Not a mechanic; not an expert at anything at all; just an old long retired electrical guy...

Can't help but offer an opinion though... maybe in the form of a question. When I light the barbeque, does it make much if any difference whether I light it with a small flame slow burning paper match, or whether I wait for a bolt of lightning?

Seems to me the result is going to be the same.

Sounds like smoke and mirrors to me - I don't want one.

Take care.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

Agreed. Any circuitry inserts power losses. The add does not say how it works and I venture to guess it never will. I'd like to get one and cut it in half to see for myself. I would not be surprised to see an internal spark gap or simple half-wave rectifier.

Reply to
PauL

I bet it's just a resistor plug, like any other plug, only made cheaper, and in limited heat ranges.

Erik

Reply to
Erik

With a shorter duration of spark, the timing of the spark has to change. Either the energy of the spark is discharged at the beginning, middle or end of the pulse. Regardless of the answer, the spark timing is changed, which can have negative effects on the way the engine runs.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Actually, with the lightning, there is a bigger explosion, because you have to leave the gas on longer as you run into the house or the bigger explosion is you as the lightning strikes.

Well, if you get hit by lightning, there is going to be a lot of smoke, where the lightning hit.

Reply to
Jeff

Conumdrums... gotta love conumdrums....

In a properly operating ignition system, one would expect to see spark duration of about 1.5 or so milliseconds.... much, much longer than the 30 microseconds being claimed... hmmm. someone missed out on their homework....

Flame propogation is a function of combustion chamber design and cylinder diameter... among a few other factors... none of them related to the spark plug. With a spark duration of 2 nanoseconds, I can see where mixture anomolies might play havoc with any of these claims...

I really like the comparison between a flashlight and a spark plug..... I believe that is called "poetic licence"....

OTOH, a set of these, some of them fuel line magnets and a nice, new "tornado" would make any motorist proud.... don't forget that shiny new aluminum foil beanie....

Reply to
Jim Warman

TASBEM (there's a sucker born every minute ;-)

Reply to
aarcuda69062

You forgot speed decals, fart canons & aircraft sized spoilers. Those things make a car go much faster :)

Reply to
El Bandito