Racing Fords...

I've been hanging out at the local dirt track the second half of this season, and have decided to go racing myself. Again. Did Motocross a number of years ago, these middle aged bones are a bit too fragile for that now. :-)

Can anybody suggest some good reading, be it preferably books, or even web sites that discuss Ford engine building. Seems there's an abundance of information for and people that run Chevy's around, but not much for Fords.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Reply to
Black Dragon

Black Dragon wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@bdhi.net:

I assume you are interested in small block building and performance.

Covers newer technology . .. . . . . . .
covers a LOT of 5.0, 5.7L engine building and also the MOD engines

If you lurk around the automotive sections of your bigger used book stores, you'll find a wealth of books covering everything from formula ford performance (1.6, 2.0, 2.3L) to Big Block Ford engines

For track specialty:

Backyard Mechanic

Correct. I'm going to build a ~500 hp small block for a super stock.

I should have been more specific, I'm looking for authors and titles.

Thanks for the info. That BBS there has got some *excellent* discussion on it.

Reply to
Black Dragon