Ranger coolant color

I have a 2001 Ranger 3L that I bought a few months ago. I'm going to flush the coolant and replace it next week. It has green-colored anti-freeze in it.

Do I have to replace with green or can I use yellow anti-freeze after the flush?

Thanks for any comments.

Reply to
Vic Dura

Why would you switch? Whats wrong with the green? its cheaper isn't it?

Reply to
Picasso

On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 19:51:08 -0300, Picasso wrote Re Re: Ranger coolant color:

My other two Fords (Focus, Mustang) use yellow. I don't want to have two different anti-freeze mixtures around if I can avoid it.

Reply to
Vic Dura

The green tastes better, nice sweet taste, try it sometime on a finger tip. Trouble is it tastes good too kids and animals also and can result in death.

Reply to
PhilO

On Wed, 3 Oct 2007 21:42:35 -0500, "PhilO" wrote Re Re: Ranger coolant color:

The Chinese use it to make toothpaste.

Reply to
Caesar Romano

give them a straw, it would be easier to get out than licking it from the rad.

Is this a joke?

Reply to
Picasso

All the antifreeze I've bought recently has "bitterguard" in it. Get even a little in your mouth and you'll taste it for hours. Or just get it on your face and sweat a little. I actually keep a bottle of listerine in my toolbox just to get the taste out.

Reply to
B.B.