Re: 94 Taurus 3.0 Idle Problem

You will notice a difference but don't be surprised at all if it doesn't fix the problem. As the owner of a '90 and '93 Sable I have put way too much time and money into no net gain. I would suggest ditching the car. You're about to hit weekly repair mileage. Do you want to be spending all your weekends working on the car?

if you do eveything Bob says you should most definitly notice a

differance,

even if it don't fix the problem > > > > > > Darshan wrote: > > > Hi All, > > > > > > I own a 94 Ford Taurus 3.0 GL, with 93K miles on it. > > > Recently (3 months ago) I started using the OverDrive Gear Selector to > > > get better mileage. But recently I am experiancing jerky driving. Also > > > while idling with Gear position in D or R, it is pretty unstable, i.e. > > > it idles with high power and then comes to normal and keeps on > > > repeating the cycle. Also, while driving at any speed the Gear Changes > > > are very abrupt and they do change multiple times before stabilizing. > > > Most of the time if I continue driving at the same speed there are no > > > jerks, but as soon as the changes in speed occur, the gear shifts > > > become quite jerky. > > > > > > Any help will be appreciated. > > > > > > Thanks, > > > > > > Darshan. > > Well, if you have not done any maintenance lately, you have a long > > laundry list. Clean the IAC valve and MAF sensor. Replace the plugs, > > wires and dist cap. Check all vacuum hoses for cracks or leaks and > > replace as necessary. Runs the codes and see if you have any EGR codes. > > Then run a bottle of good injector cleaner though it. > > > > If the trannie is still shifting funny, replace the VSS. > > > > Bob > > > > > > > >
Reply to
Aron

It's how ya drive them. '88 3.0 went 150k miles 'till the tranny went. Bought used, only repl. water pump and struts when I had it. Junked it as it was a salt victim. '94 3.0 with 151k and going strong. Other than reg. maint. it's had a water pump, radiator and a VSS . This one's the little woman's daily driver. As long as they aren't driven WFO all the time and maintained they will hold up fairly well. I'm no Ford fan either..........

Reply to
Repairman

I don't work on mine every weekend............ ;)

The S10 is sicker than the Taurus currently. Trying to educate myself on rear axles now.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Urz

How does a radiator or VSS fail anyway? The radiator blew up on my '90 Sable because I went fast on the highway and then stopped only a couple miles off the highway. The radiator on the '93 was epoxied before I got it. They both had 3.8L engines, both needed head gaskets. The '93 had them fail twice. The '90 later spun a connecting rod bearing because of it. The '93 had the intake gasket start leaking, though not enough to isolate it as the problem. Then one day, at about 121,000mi., the transmission wouldn't get out of 2nd I guess and the engine hydrolocked with the RPMs up and it blew up. I mean pieces came out of it and there was smoke so thick you couldn't see anything. The transmission went on the '90 around 140,000 mi. Both cars were well maintained and loved by their previous owners, all service records were available. They definitely took care of the cars. I maintained them well also and didn't really punish them.

Aron

"Repairman" wrote in message news:u6jvc.35321$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...

Reply to
Aron

I wish you luck. There are definitely news groups that will help you on that S10.

Aron

Reply to
Aron