Re: 95TC no start has me beat

My guess you have a 4.6 liter engine. If so anything the timing belt is

> broke and need replacing. Have fun and good luck!

Personally I would check that piece of crap plastic manifold that connects the MAF to the Throttle body... I worked on one recently where the thing was bouncing around and the gasket was improperly installed... not to mention the clamp at the throttle body was loose as a goose. When the guy got his car back, he was amazed how the engine ran... I didn't mention that I properly installed that pipe.

Reply to
Celica Dude

Marky

Actually, the car has neither a plastic intake (it's a 95, the plastic intakes began in 96) nor A timing BELT. The 4.6 has TWO timing chains and an aluminum intake (on this model) neither of which I would care to replace.

Anyway, turns out it has like zero compression. two cylinders have absolutely none, most of the rest have 30-50 psi, and one has (whoopee!) a whopping 90psi.

The dealer mechanic I talked to says "he's dead, jim." I don't know if it's a timing chain problem, a camshft problem or a ring problem (the car has had some serious piston clatter in the past). I really don't care any more - I'm gonna consider it a lesson learned and stick with

5.0s from now on. I bought the car used and don't know the srevice history, but I also have another used tc with a 5.0 and that thing sure as hell didn't blow up at 160,000 miles.

No more wasting money on technology for technology's sake. I was looking seriously at a new Mustang but no way in hell am I gonna spend almost 30k on a vehicle with such a piece of shit engine.

Reply to
sparky