Re: Explorer / Aviator

As well as higher resale value, those wonderful seats and the exclusivity of driving a Lincoln. Best of all it is made of mostly American parts, installed by well paid American workers, built in America by an American corporation that pays American corporate income taxes. not merely assembled in American by under paid workers for a foreign corporation that that pay s NO federal income taxes. ;)

mike hunt

Niles Standish wrote:

> An optioned out Explorer and the Aviator are about $8K apart. I realize > that the extra cash gets me more power, different styling, and better > handling. And a longer standard warranty. > > Trying to figure if it's worth the $8K I guess. I'm thinking that a > supercharger on the Explorer and some handling-improvement parts closes the > difference pretty quickly... > > > [This followup was posted to alt.autos.ford and a copy was sent to the > > cited author.] > > > > > > > I'm comparing these. I see the specs and price differences. I plan to > go > > > look at them later this week/weekend. I'm sure others have compared > > > them--what do you notice and what made you decide one over the other? > > > > Explorer (not Explorer Sport, which is the old Explorer), Mountaineer, > > and Aviator are all basically the same. They differ in styling and fancy > > features. Many reviews of the Aviator have called it over-priced. > > > > -- > > If there is a no_junk in my address, please REMOVE it before replying! > > All junk mail senders will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the > > law!! > >
MajorDome

"Niles Standish" wrote

like the Aviator?

Spent the extra bucks for the Aviator. Lincoln includes free scheduled maintenance for 3/36 don't forget ;)

mike hunt

Niles Standish wrote:

Reply to
MajorDome

Point taken Mike, but I have trouble with the Buy American thing in automobiles at this point. Global corporations, product partnerships, "American Companies" shipping whole lines of work to other countries...I dunno to me it's talking out of both sides of their mouth. Given an otherwise even choice, sure--but I would not make any sort of sacrifice on quality or price to make that happen though. I think the Japanese have a great philosophy on it all where their national economic strategy is very much a part of their corporate practices--I wish we had the same thing here. Unfortunately I feel that the American companies do not reciprocate.

I do have to mention that on a whim I checked out the Nissan Murano and I think it's a strong possibility--it is amazing in terms of features and how it's set up. I did not expect to like it, nor to be truly impressed by it, and I very much was. It's definitely a frontrunner in my selection of my next vehicle...(my first new one, by the way).

Mountaineer,

Reply to
Niles Standish

Hah... it aint even a discussion about Japanese/American content/quality anymore... if you were worried about that, you'd be FRIGHTENED by Kia

message

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

You are basing your opinion on a false premise. I have been involved in the fleet service business for over ten years and we service thousands of vehicles of nearly every brand. Every manufacture today is building good vehicles, the only REAL difference is style and price. I personally am not worried. At 77 years old I have more than enough money to last me the rest of my life, I can't even spend the dividend and interest income I earn monthly. It is the future for our grandchildren that concerns me. I've seen this country go from people that were Americans first to people that don't care about what is happening to our country. If Americans only took a little time to find out from whom they buy what they buy and directed only ten or twenty percent of their purchases to our own economy it would grow in leaps and bounds. The average consumer hasn't a clue as to what they are doing to their own country every time they buy from foreign owned corporations or imported products. American industry is going our of business or being forced to move their manufacturing, and even their corporation, off shore to compete with countries that have workers earning an annual income of a few thousand dollars.. The Billions of dollars of profits and capitol that leave this country every month is killing us and the average American could not care less. Even the governments doesn't care, they permitted most of our steel companies to go bankrupt because of imported steel produced in more modern steel plants build after the war by American tax payers!!! To add insult to injury they made American steel companies spend their capital on cleaning up the old outdated plants while using the the same environmental regulation to stop them from building new updated facilities. If it had not been for our industrial base Germany would have defeated both Europe and the US. Who will bulb our war equipment? Will we get our tanks from Japan as well. Wise up American and support you own economy as do the Japanese before there is not manufacturing left in the US.

mike hunt

Backyard Mechanic wrote:

Reply to
MajorDome

company > really does--this has reduced the importance of nationalism in the economy

content/quality

partnerships,

snipped-for-privacy@homail.com

Reply to