Re: Ford Fusion reverse gear

Interesting indeed. A full year early, and amazingly with the then fairly rare GT package. Let me guess, his 63.5 Mustang GT also has the original Boss 429. Naturally Mikey boy will claim a typo, LOL.

Reply to
Toyota MDT in MO

Sorry, none of my collector cars are for sale.

Actually Ford introduce the Mustang in late April of 1963 and referred to it as a the "All new "1963 1/2 Mustang."

I traded a 1963 Falcon Sprint convertible and gave the dealer $560, including taxes and fees. The difference in the MSRP of the two was a bit over $300.

The VIN is indeed 1964 but my Pennsylvania title says "1963 Ford Coupe," as PA called all convertibles at the time. Back in the day PA titled cars in the year they were first titled.

As an aside, I have won quite a few bets with guys that say there is no

1963 Mustang, when I produce the title at car shows. ;)

Reply to
Mike

Reply to
razz

This was my understanding as well. The first Mustang was available for sale on April 7th 1964. They sold 22 some odd thousand on the first day. The 64 is often referred to as a 64 1/2 because of the late release date.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

No one is interested in imaginary cars anyway.

No you haven't.

Reply to
Toyota MDT in MO

Of course you are correct, at 83 years old and after over seventy cars, I was confusing the Mustang with my Falcon Sprint which was referred to as a

1963 1/2 by Ford . But the Mustangs VIN is 65 not 64 and the title is 64 and I should have listed it as a 1964 1/2.

Reply to
Mike

So in all of those bets that you won at car shows, no one saw that the title was for a Falcon Sprint? They couldn't ID the VIN, given these were car guys that usually know their car history shit? Do you feel compelled now to refund all of your earnings since you were wrong the whole time? Were you 83 at the time, and does that explain why you didn't know what cars you own?

421$ snipped-for-privacy@nlpi068.nbdc.sbc.com...
Reply to
Toyota MDT in MO

"Mike" wrote in news:4a5a7f98$0$24960$ snipped-for-privacy@news-radius.ptd.net:

Excerpt from above: "The story details Mustang's famed world introduction at the 1964 World's Fair in New York [April '64] as Mustang #1 travels the Canadian landscape on a public relations tour. Then the unexplicable - the car accidentally falls into the hands of an airplane pilot who, unaware of the car's significance, drives it for two years and more than 10,000 miles before Ford exchanges another milestone Mustang for it"

More from about half-way down that page: "While the public first saw the car on April 17, the first production models rolled off the assembly line in early March since dealers needed to stock showrooms to capitalize on the upcoming national reveal. The vehicle identification number (VIN) for the first-ever Mustang was 5F08F100001,"

Reply to
Tegger

Never brought into production was the Mustang I, a car that made us salivate:

A couple were made, and at least one of them showed up at a race track and took some fast laps.

Reply to
HLS

Give him a break. He said he is old and can't remember. Who knows maybe the part he has forgotten is that he lost every single bet.

-jim

messagenews:XxF6m.7421$ snipped-for-privacy@nlpi068.nbdc.sbc.com...

Reply to
jim

No, what I meant to say was the Mustang was referred to by Ford as the 1964

1/2 Mustang but they have a 1965 VIN number.

I said 1963 in error because the new Sprint and the convertible when they came out in April of 1963 were referred to as 1963 1/2 Falcons, as well, because they offered the new engines that met 1964 federal regulations.

My cars have PA lifetime "Historic Car" plates, so I have annual registration and no generally have no need to look at titles in my bank box any more.

Reply to
Mike

I'll assume that your comment was smiley based. If not, personally I'm tired of his lies and bullshit and can't always let them go. It never changes with this guy. How do you really know he's 83? Forgetting and lying are two different things. Again, this response is only in case you didn't intend to smiley your post :-)

Reply to
Toyota MDT in MO