Re: General Tire: Grabber AW

I have Generals on my 99 Taurus wagon. Two tires went 80.000. The other two are still going at 86,000. One new tire went flat and was destroyed a couple weeks after I bought it. Without a road hazard warranty, the tire dealer would do nothing for me.]

>2. If one other than 17" fails, If you call General, they say "Call Ford" > >3. Ford tells you to see Dealer, Service manager > said "I can't do anything", and didnt even examine tire. > > >So the point of all this is Ford doesn't want to know. > >I should think Ford'd say to me: "It's probably not our fault, >but given that these are General Grabber AWs, and given the grief tire >problems have caused us, lets have one of our experts look at it so we >know for sure." But no, Ford has learned ZERO from its Firestone >experience. > >About half of all Escapes have this Tire that Ford doesn't want to know >if its problematic, and some Ford apologists in this group don't either. > >P.S. The final word is the Ford/Firestone was: It's all Ford's fault: > > 1. Ford went to Firestone and said: "We want a lighter cheaper tire", > and Ford accepted Firestone not putting Nylon wrap on steel > belts. > > 2. As the 2002 redesign of the Explorer demonstrated, a vehicle > should not be so prone to flip over because of a blowout.
Reply to
AHoudini

Read your new car warantee. 36,000 miles bumper to bumper, tires included.

Reply to
Ima

In my case, no tire went bad within 36,000 miles. Tire warranties aren't worth much unless you have paid extra for road hazard insurance. Tires are allegedly warranted for many miles, but that's a guarantee against defects in materials or construction. The tire manufacturers never admit such flaws and say your tire went flat due to road hazard and then was driven flat so it's your fault.

Reply to
AHoudini

Again read your Ford Warantee, new car tires are covered these days.

I was hoping to have found a constructive comment, like the phone number of the Ford VP for safety that might like to follow up on a case like this.

Ima

Well, I admire those who pursue their consumer rights!

There is a Dispute Settlement Board PO Box 5120 Southfield MI 48086

They have a complaint form and procedure to follow

I can't help with the phone no.

Reply to
AHoudini