Re: Oil industry suppressed plans for 200-mpg car

Thanks I didn't know you can get 200 mpg with a Pogue carburetor. My grandfather used a Pogue carburetor and he regularly gets 100+ mpg from army surplus parts he got from U.S. tanks that was used to fight against Rommel's men and it also surprised Gen. Rommel on the Tanks' mileage, which is why he lost.

Later on my grandpa, later found out that the tetraethyl lead was used in the fuel additive and stopped the super mileage and prevented the petroleum cracking to lighter more powerful methane and methanol from gasoline was preventing the Pogue carburetor it reduced the Pogue to regular gas mileage.

Of course, he found a way to removed the additive and with the microfiber oil filter, he did get about 150 mpg. And I can tell you 200 mpg is not possible under normal usage, unless of course you were to drive at a speed below the 55 mph hour.

At the time gasoline prices were cheap so no one had an interest in the Pogue carburetor anyway. Besides you can't manufacture them since the license owner of Pogue carburetor belongs to Standard Oil.

Teddy

Reply to
parhat

Sure great, 200MPG........ But did it have bling?

Reply to
joe schmoe

Please post the patent number for the Pogue carburetor, so we can verify the veracity of you claim. We will need to wait to hear from you before we can comment on your post.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Uh... google search turns up patent and more:

copy/paste both lines

including a Snopes rebuttal:

But you dont have to read much to see the fallacy involved.

The gasoline internal combustion engine actually runs on gas vapor, not liquid gasoline. Any claim that the carb directly vaporizes it, thus is much more efficient, is easily put to the lie, thereby.

Of course, the poster above refutes this by the claim that tetraethyl lead somehow nullifies the magical conversion of gas vapor to methane and thus explains inability to produce.

Now, since you can read the patent, is the methane conversion mentioned?

I aint gonna bother... becuse I dont think you can get more methane per volume out of gas than you can get out of methane, per se.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

The patents and a brief description:

Note that I didnt find methane, methanol or anything of the like.

AND you have to remember that it is NOT the job or the duty of the patent office to actually VERIFY validity of performance claims.

All that matters to USPTO is that an invention MIGHT work as described, for the purpose described... efficiency tests, not among the criteria.

And of course, decision on original and prior art.

USPTO patent files are full of crackpot gadgets.

I hold a patent (# 5,481,742)... big deal, except mine worked as described!

And i'll bet that "micro-filter" oil filter, referred to, is the famous 'toilet paper' filter.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

more references: These addressing the claim of catalytic carburetion:

read toward bottom

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

There is no mention in the patent literature as belonging to an oil company nor any indication the is it licensed to an oil company. Where can we find a reference to the vehicle, in which it is installed, that it can attain any particular mpg, let alone 200 mpg in normal driving conditions.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I have never seen an engine, of a given HP/torque, that run on natural gas that operated as efficiently as a like engine that runs on gasoline. I have never seen a carbureted engine do as well as a MEFI engine, in producing high mileage, have you? What has always put the lie to so called super efficient carburetor is the fact if one did exist some vehicle manufacture would pay whatever price was necessary to buy the patent to control the vehicle market, before allowing an oil company to acquire the patent..

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter