Re: What constitutes 'severe duty' to a spark plug - re 98 Ford Club Wagon 5.4L

I'll change the plugs, but I don't think they're responsible for my stalling problem. I like your idea. I have a CDROM mechanic's manual ('98 Ford) that says the same thing. However, I can't find the IAC in the manual...or under the "hood" (which is a nasty place to look for anything). Can you tip me on where this IAC would be? The manual says to disable the IAC, and observe a change in idle. Disablement should adversely affect idle.. And of course it would because my problem manifests only occasionally.

"C. E. White" wrote

If you have a stalling problem, I'd suspect the IAC (Idle > Air Control). Depositions can build up on these and affect > there ability to stabilize the idle. They are easily removed > and replaced. Cleaning may be effective (or may not). A new > one is less than $100 at the dealer. > > Ed
Reply to
Jerry