Rough transmission on Mercury Mystique

My wifes 98 mystique has a slight jerk when the transmission changes gears. Sometimes it's very jerky and sometimes it's smooth. The car has 79000 miles on it. Do we just need a transmission flush or could it be the start of someting more expensive? Also, what kind of ballpark figure are we talking about to get this done?

Reply to
Alex Devlin

I believe Ford recommends a fluid change every 30000 miles or so. If it's never been done, do it NOW.

Reply to
Andrew Rossmann

Good idea (considering the mileage) to flush also. Been there.

Reply to
F.H.