Sable 2000 front calipers hanging up

2000 Mercury Sable . Front calipers hanging up. 84K mi. Vehicle has rear drums/front discs.

So far, have installed loaded calipers....bled system....pedal is OK....still hanging up. To see if hoses have internal deterioration impeding back flow, plan to crack hoses at caliper and compress caliper pistons, to see if I get reverse flow up to master cylinder. At this point, if it turns out that the hoses are not the problem, not sure which way to turn.

Question comes to mind - isn't it kind of strange for both sides to hang up at the same time? Makes me wonder about other possibilities...is master cylinder a candidate....what about an ABS related problem...and what about a proportioning valve? If so - what are best ways to diagnose? Thanks.

Reply to
panisman

are you sure the caliper pins are not rusted or pitted and have some lube on them?

What does hanging up really mean?

Bob

Reply to
bob urz