strange problem - 97 taurus -3.0

car ran fine when parked it. went to start it and it behaves like it's getting fire to one or two cylinders only. this only lasts about the first four or five revs of the engine, then, it acts like it's flooded. i can let it sit and come back to it and it does the same thing. when it first tries to start, but doesn't. it like it can't get the job done.

someone told me that it is the brain box over the radiator. well, on a

97, there's nothing over the radiator at all except fuses. it's got 79k on the clock.

which direction do i go from here. it had no miss prior to this and the engine performed like it should. it was all of a sudden - like a module went out, but which one. thanks.

~ curtis

knowledge is power - growing old is mandatory - growing wise is optional

Reply to
c palmer

I have the same problem. If you figure out what it is let me know. It was probably fairly warm outside when this happened right ? This is what I think the problem is. The hotter it is outside the more pressure there is in the fuel rail after you shut the engine off. I think there is a leaky injector or injectors. After you shut the engine off the injector or injectors leak into the engine flooding it. You may need a really good fuel system flush or a new injector or injectors.

Reply to
Tim

I think if the fuel regulator was leaking it would be flooded all the time and running rich.

Reply to
Tim

Tim opined in news:4g%ic.4453$X52.305@clgrps12:

Not if it's a small leak.

Pretty normal symptoms of same.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Yes your right. Thats not the problem on mine. How about you c palmer ?

Reply to
Tim