Unplugging clogged fuel pump from a V10

Howdy,

I think I have a clogged fuel pump in a 2002 V10 E350. I'd like to avoid dropping the tank and removing the pump if at all possible. Can I manually force gas back through the fuel line to unplug it? I've added some Seafoam but no effect so far...

Any other ideas?

It is funny; I have 2 Fords, and both have gotten the same symptom. Both are infrequently driven, which I imagine gums them up.

Reply to
Jay Alperson

It's doubtful that the pump is "clogged". There is a mesh pre-filter on the pickup. It is, however, possible that you have enough crud in the tank to block the screen or that the pump has failed. Both of those issues require tank removal.

Reply to
Tom Adkins

Tom,

Thanks for the response. You were right; pulled the tank and replaced the pump; now all is OK..

Jay