What Ford Should Make

Any ideas what Ford should make? I would vote for a Taurus designed inside for a full size man of European descent to sit in, and operate comfortably
with good visibility instead of an egg crate designed around a 4 ft tall asian woman who can't see anyway. They've been making cars for a 100 years too, so they could skip leaving out systems they plan will break on purpose.
--
Tom Line
tlineN0 snipped-for-privacy@iglou.com
Tom Line wrote:

Ford makes now that I'm interested in is the Crown Vic, but I don't want that big a car. This 500 sounds veeerrry interesting. Like the looks of the 500 and the trannies sound good. However, being a new model could be trouble for a couple years. Want to see the pricing on these also. Just have to be patient and wait a while.
--
Paul
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com
Tom Line wrote:

Ford should make cars that don't fall apart so easily.
They should also make a 2 door hatchback, like the Probe, older Escorts, late model Cougar etc.
One of the reasons that I'm planning on keeping my current car as long as possible due to lack of a suitable 2DR hatchback replacement.

Are you insane? The Ford Focus hatchbacks are suitable enough. What Ford really needs to make are more vehicles in RWD. They should also offer more cars with V8 engines, not just the Mustangs and Crown Vics. V8's are more powerful than V6's.
~CyberWolf
CyberWolf wrote:

Like the '96 Tbird. I planned on buying a new one when mine wore out, but I guess that ain't gonna happen. I wouldn't even care if they brought it back under a different name- I liked those cars- a full-sized V8 2-door coupe. Hey- they could bring it back under the "Galaxie" name! (I ain't holding my breath)
The whole MN-12 platform should make a comeback! Well designed, well engineered, balanced autos, and lots of fun, too!
PoD

I personally do not consider the Ford Focus to be anywhere near as good or as big in the back as the Escort, Probe, or Cougar with respect to the 2DR hatchback versions of these cars. Plus the quality of the Focus is also questionable.

You need to test drive a Focus and see for yourself. I've driven a brand new Focus last week while my '02 Taurus SEL was in for service. The Focus is very fast! The speedometer goes up to 140 MPH. Escorts goes up to 120 MPH. The space in the Focus itself is just about the same as the Escort, early 90's Probe and late 90's Coguar. The SVT Focus 2DR hatchback can go from 0-60 in 1.3 seconds.
~CyberWolf
CyberWolf wrote:

1.3 Seconds???? I assume this is if you drop it from a C-130 with a rocket booster attached......
As for the speedometer - what does that have to do with actual performance? I assume that the Focus has a speed limiter set well below 140.
Ed

He says with a grin......I didn't like the performance of my 2002 3L Ranger so I pulled the speedo and carefully added 120, 130, 140 and 150 mph. I wanted to add 160 like the Corvette but I was afraid that my truck couldn't take the extra speed. Now the truck really hauls ass.
--
R. J. Talley

"C. E. White" < snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com> wrote in message

Hmmm. That number does seem a little low.

From what I've read, there is no limit and it tops out into the 140's (I haven't done/seen this myself). The speedo goes to 160.
I'm just talking about the SVT.

I'm 6' and my right knee buries solidly into the dash. Their ergonomics/human factors people know just enough to be dangerous.
: My ancestors come from Germany and Swizterland. I am 6'1", and weigh too : much (about 225 lbs). I fit inside a Ford Taurus just fine. : :> and operate comfortably :> with good visibility instead of an egg crate designed around a 4 ft tall :> asian woman who can't see anyway. : : A little cultural bias? : :> They've been making cars for a 100 years :> too, so they could skip leaving out systems they plan will break on :> purpose. : : I didn't know they break anything on purpose. : : What Ford should make is cars that sell better. : : Jeff : :> :> -- :> Tom Line
:> :> : :
--

Tom Line
tlineN0 snipped-for-privacy@iglou.com

They should start making the Probe again. I had a '95 Probe, which was the best car I ever had. I would have replaced it with a new Probe, but they stopped making them, so I bought an Eclipse.
Since 1965, I've bought 6 new cars and all but one have been Fords. More than half of the used cars and trucks I've bought have been Fords, too.
Paul
Except for its first year the Probe didn't sell well, nor did it sell when they called it a Cougar. FWD sports car, is an oxymoron it appears.
mike hunt
Pavel314 wrote:

Ford USA would luv to import these from AUstralia , but of course the union trouble would kill the deal , http://marks.4t.com/ba.htm 5.4 V8 Alloy headed ,, nice about 365 horse power
Tom Line wrote:

The Ford 500, coming to market shortly, should suit your needs. FWD/AWD, bigger than the Taurus with a huge trunk.
If Ford wanted to import any of its foreign built models the union can't stop that. There are many examples where they did just that in the past. Production is a management function not a union function.
mike hunt
atec77 wrote:

EXACTLY!!!!! Bring those European made Fords and those newer Ford Falcons from Australia to America! .......AND SCREW THOSE UNION WORK FORCE!!!!!
~CyberWolf