WHICH T-Bird does "NOT" have the most problems?

I bought into the 1994 Tbird v-8 4speed automatic car around 1999. Still the car works but the tranny is going fast. Which Year and Type of T-Bird has the least amount of problems? And, What problems does that particular one have?

I might be able to scrape together less than $2,500 for something else that isn't a pig in a sack. However I suspect the $2500 won't buy much more than even more problems.

2nd question: Can someone suggest a car [ford or otherwise] that doesn't have all these 'issues' and can be obtained with $2,500 ?

Signed, Person who didn't do any research before buying a car.

Reply to
Theodore Baldwin Boothe III

A 65 or 66 T-bird with a 428. You will be floating down the raod in style.

Jebidiah Springfield

Now that is one classy looking looking car. They dont make them like tat anymore.

Reply to
Drum maker for Justice

Isn't it the same car Duncan drives in Highlander: THe Series?

Reply to
El Bandito

Uh, I guess what I was asking was a model say AFTER 1995 that isn't bad and doesn't have 'issues' like my 94-bird does.

ok

Reply to
Theodore Baldwin Boothe III

What "issues" have you had with your 94 Bird?

Did they put an aluminum block V6 in some of them in 94?

Just curious...

Gerri

Reply to
Gerri

v-8 engine , tranny is starting to slip and fix would be more $$ than car is worth. Would like to stay with this 'type' of car and wanted some ideas about what year/make/model to look into.

I am not a mechanic, don't know a mechanic and don't know how to do much with a car accept maybe change the heads.

..

Reply to
Theodore Baldwin Boothe III

1997 would be my choice for MN12 models but you will still have to contend with the 4.6 plastic intake. Only other choice is the current model which is a totally different car.

Rather than a 1997 T-Bird I would go for the 1998 Lincoln Mark 8

Reply to
Steve Stone