Re: Concept Camaro

> > Saw the Camaro at the Detroit Show -- seems to be the answer to a > question

> > > that nobody has asked. Sales (or serious lack of them) killed the old > > > Camaro, and this one isn't any more attractive. > > > > Well Chris, someone must have asked the question, because word around > > the Toronto International show was that GM will be putting the Camaro > > back into production. Taste in cars is a purely subjective thing but I > > happen to think that the Camaro Concept is a great looking car. And > > judging the crowds around it, a lot of other people do too. > > > > Attractive yes; crowd pleaser, certainly; marketable with any kind of > longevity? we'll see. > > > > > > > I'm no Ford-guy, but they got it right with the latest Mustang -- the > > > "Concept Camaro" and "Dodge Challenger" come across just like the > > > originals -- pale imitations, too late to market. > > > > I'm no Ford guy either, but I also like the Mustang. Ironically, I like > > it for the very reasons that you seem to dislike the Camaro and > > Challenger. I like the Mustang because it is an updated imitation, or a > > retro of the '70's version. The Challenger has strong styling links to > > its ''70's grandfather, but the Camaro was ever-so-subtly retro but > > dramatically updated. > > > > All 3 could be termed "imitations" of the originals, but my point was that > the original Camaro tried to answer the original Mustang (2 years late) and > the Challenger was a poor-quality rehash of the Camaro that was even LATER > to market. I tend to think that both GM and D-C (aand Ford to some extent) > have taken a rather cynical approach in these cars, playing all the "cues" > that the 50+ crowd remember from the 60's, hoping to find a profitable > replacement for the SUVs that they have relied on for the past few years. > It may just work, but if the "kids" don't take to them, they won't last very > long

Its all in the marketing...todays kids are so stupid and ignorant they will buy a fresh piece of shit if its wrapped in shiny paper and sprayed down with perfume. Its all in the marketing ...take for instance rap music which really isnt music at all but a bunch of ignorant people on stage grabbing they balls and spewing senseless rhymes acting borderline retarded...but...look at how its marketed and who its marketed to and how many people buy it..yep its all in the marketing.

Reply to
Homey J Simpson

The 'kids' are those from 25-35... while oldsters like the new mustang, it has to sell to a younger demographic and the Camaro/TA's dropped out because they forgot to sell a 'base car'. There may be a 'young single woman buyer' base for the Mustang, that remains to be seen.

But can you imagine that Camaro with a v-6 in it?

They still havent learned the lesson.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic