Why wont this sell

I cant seem to sell this car. there are other Grand Marquis on there with almost the same prices with bids, but mine wont get any? any ideas? it was on there for a week before, was just relisted

Rick

Your starting price is too high. Make the starting bid lower, but keep the reserve where you want it.

CJB

Reply to
CJB

I think the problem is this car does not attract enough interest in the ebay community. The car looks to be very nice, but let's face it, only older folks are interested in cars like this. And how many older folks use ebay when buying cars? I suspect not too many. The low number of visits to your auction says it all. Old fashioned advertising (like newspapers, want-ads) may work better for a car like this.

Reply to
sfoy

God doesn't like you?

Mike Hunter

People see those shitty UNIROYAL TIGER PAWS on it and don't like the idea of buying a set of real tires for it.

Reply to
Scott

If people are like me i don't bid on anything with a reserve price.

Reply to
Ripcord

2003 and still a tape deck... hehehee thats funny. Let me guess, theres an 8track changer in the truck ;)

Naw, joking, i like that car, i'd buy a new crown vic but the wife won't drive one -- too big she says. I am going to try and get her in a lincoln LS.

Reply to
Picasso

You opening bid is too high, and your "Buy It Now" price is way to high. The car is essentially five years old now. I've owned a Grand Marquis and I know they are reliable, get good gas mileage, etc. However, they don't have much pizzazz. They are essentially an old person's car. The older people that like these cars usually have enough money to buy a new one, and would rather have a new one than a five year old car with over 60k miles. If I was selling that car, I'd think an offer of $7,500 was a gift. If I was looking to buy new, I'd skip your auction. Because you have a high opening bid and a high "buy it now price," I would assume you are over valuing the car and that I would be wasting my time bidding on it. There are over 75 Grand Marquis on EBay today, few are selling, and none comparable to yours are selling for the kind of money you are asking. Lower your expectations it you want to sell the car. Better yet, just keep it. I traded my 2000 on a new Fusion. The Grand Marquis' gas mileage was at least as good as for the Fusion (V-6 AWD Fusion). I like the Fusion better, but from a strictly financial standpoint, I should have kept the Grand Marquis.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

STOP SPAMMING US WITH YOUR DAMN CAR!!!

SRN

Actually, I had the feeling that he was actually intersted in learning why his car is not selling.

No way to tell for sure.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff