Work Vehicle: best mpg

I'm looking at vans and trucks, of course it's going to have to be a Diesel because I want the best mileage I can get. Where I live, diesel costs the same as premium gas, so I do not see a gas engine comparing.

Seems like Ford (E350) has the most options (boxes, etc) and availability (lots of used ones out there), but if Dodge and Chevy have the right combination, that's ok too.

Right now I'm leaning toward a van, I'm new to what is out there (of course I'm researching and checking ebay) as far as engines and other options. I do not need the strongest diesel engine in a certain class, I'm more looking for MPG. A smaller diesel or a van that is geared for MPG would work great.

What do you recommend?

Reply to
newworldactor

volkswagen rabbit pickup! and they had a 1.5 diesel option, you could haul leaves with it

petebert

Depending on your driving circumstance, you might find the higher maintenance costs of the diesel might far outweigh any assumed fuel savings....

The first thing we need to establish is if you are looking towards new or used.... You indicate that an E-350 is on your short list... from this, I would understand that significant loads will be involved...

There is very little information in your post for anyone to work from... basically "van" and "diesel" are about all that is offered with no mention of usage, loading, or any of the other important factors that need to be considered in such a purchase.

If the advice is to mean anything, the question has to be concise...

Reply to
Jim Warman