Subject Author Posted Replies

94 Crown Vic, Towing It !! What about transmission bearings??
I need to move a disabled Crown Vic about 75 miles. The engine does not run. Can this safely be done with the towed car in neutral without certain bearings in the transmission being damaged? Thanks...
4
4

2001 Ranger motor oil
Can anyone tell me what kind of oil is recommended for the 2001 Ranger V6? Is it 5-20W or 10-40W for "mid-range" climates and service? A related question: where 5-20W is recommended, does anybody use...
42
42

1992 Sable rough idle after 1 minute
A family member has a problem with a '92 Sable (3.8L) after about 1 minute after startup (hot or cold engine). The engine starts to idle rough, and sometimes stalls. Restart is fine and acceleration...
3
3

94 Marquis - tires leaning -- ball joints?
I have a 1994 Mercury Marquis (85k) with the front tires leaning. I also had a 1993 Ford Crown Victoria (214k) with the same symptoms. When I put a floor jack under the A-frame and try to move the...
1
1

thunderbird
I would like to know if anybody has a bird with the 3.9 liter engine mine starts in the morning and ideals at 2000 rpms it sound like it is going to blow up.I have had it to Ford and they say it is...
2
2

1999 Windstar stalling
My wife's 1999 Windstar stalls at idle. Starts fine, runs fine otherwise, no trouble codes. Is idle speed adjustable? Any help/ideas? TIA

1990 Mustang GT air and turn signals stopped working
I have a 1990 Mustang GT and I recently took it in to have the heater core replaced (worst labor rip off ever, 9 hours) and when I got my car back, all of a sudden the turn signals and the fan/air...
7
7

Any Bricklin Fans?
Just curious if anyone here is interested in Bricklins. Ford powertrain, Fiberglass body, Gull wing doors etc. I have one here on the lot, one owner car. Really cool vehicle but people seem to run hot...
3
3

2001 Crown Victoria Fuel Pump
My 2001 Crown Victoria has hard morning starts(((hard start= cranking for 10 seconds..letting go of the key and then engine starts, very hi RPM in the "ON" postition)), but it starts fine for the rest...
2
2

96 Lincoln Town Car Shocks
Does anyone know how hard it is to change the front shock absorbers on a 96 TC? I remember a while back there were lots of places that only charged $5 to install a shock. NTB want $200 to replace them...

Ford in talks to sell auto brands
8/25/06 (Reuters) Ford Motor Co. is in talks to sell some luxury-auto brands to an investment group led by its former Chief Executive Officer Jacques Nasser, Bloomberg news service reported on its Web...

Removing the box, 1991 Ranger
Well, the fuel pump went in my Ranger this afternoon. Left me broke down on the side of the road, luckily I was less than 10 kms from home, so a friend with a 1/2 ton towed the truck to my yard. The...
2
2

maintenance schedual
I was looking through the windstar maintenance schedual, wondering what you guys thought about the published numbers. this is how many miles between replacement. air filter 30k fuel 30k trans 30k - so...
2
2

alt.autos.ford
verwijderen aub!
1
1

93 Ford Explore
I need a wiring diagram for the radio harness. Everyone out there have one of know where to get one? Doug
1
1