2001 Focus 3 Door question

Hey Focusers, My wife and I own a 2001 3-door Ford Focus. For the last three or four years every time we drive a long distance the front of the car starts creaking like crazy, especially when we turn left. We've brought it in to several mechanics and none of them can figure out what's going on. Any ideas from the Focus group here on Google? Thanks.

Reply to
tcarnahan75

In my case it wasn't a Focus, but a Mondeo.

The mysterious creaking noise used to occur if the car had been standing for a while, or when reversing up my drive. It also seemed worse in the mornings. I assumed a ball joint was on the way out, but ...

My local garage found that the offside upper anti-rollbar bush wash making the noise. The bush itself was in perfect condition, but they took it to bits, cleaned it, put it back together - Not much improvement. But they suggested that as this was a low milage car (only 18k over the last 8 years!) that it would go away with more miles.

And sure enough, once I started clocking up a couple of hundred of miles per week, the noise just faded away, never to return.

Weird.

Al.

Reply to
Al

My Focus 2004 TDCI made creaking noises as I reversed onto the drive. Did it for several weeks after I bought it (second hand) then stopped... no more creaking. Don't know what caused it or why it stopped.

Reply to
Alt Beer