2005 Ford Focus Mk 2 1.6 TDCi 110PS Brake Pads

Hi, anyone know if the front brake pads 2005 Ford Focus Mk 2 1.6 TDCi

110PS are different from any normal pads in profile? Reason i ask is that was getting tyres rebalanced and was shown pads on front that looked a bit thin after 15000 miles, have had the car about two months so previous owner had done around 14k. Read somewhere that they may have a dome shaped profile so appear thin at edges but still have plenty of thickness in centre and only way to tell is to remove em to check? Sounds crazy but 14k on one set of pads means previous owner was really working the car but it has no appearance of being driven hard and is very clean in condition.

TIA

Reply to
google.20.slbell

14000 out of a set of focus pads is not bad going , they do eat pads and discs
Reply to
Steve Robinson

Sounds odd because that would could mean pads every year?

Having checked the forums there does not seem to be many complaining of excessive wear of pads thats why I wondered if the tyre spot I went to knew what they were talking about.

Reply to
google.20.slbell

Are you absolutely sure that the displayed 14k miles was genuine?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Without doubt.

Reply to
google.20.slbell

OK, in that case it must have been driven quite hard, and mainly in traffic.

I'm fairly hard on brakes, but pads last 25k and disks 50k on my Focus.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Thanks for the reply Chris. Took car down to Ford dealer I bought it from two months ago. They had a look and said pads had another 3k miles left on them (making 18k for these pads) which is about right for the Focus as I was told (which agrees with you) pads last 15k to 25k.

Anyhow the Ford dealer was excellent and replaced them for new ones free of charge there and then since i had only had the car for two months. Even washed it after, all in the space of 40 minutes. Maybe VW stealerships (my previous car was a VW and they treat you like crap) might want to consider taking tips from this dealership!

Reply to
google.20.slbell
110K on my wife's 2004 Focus ZTS, Did first Pad's at ~50K, And just finished my second brake service this afternoon. New rotors Front and Back, and new Pad's all around (Bendix). This was my FIRST rotor change, and they still looked fair. I didn't measure though, seeing I was going to replace them regardless..

Only issue was the rear Rotor, they were 10" dia, which is 02-03 and 05. The first set they gave me for an 04 were 10.5 or 11", and would not fit. Front Pad's were early build too, they changed mid-way through the model year, found that out the first time.

JJ

Reply to
02B12S