airbag deactivation

Hi all

can you help please? Thinking about buying '04 reg focus but wanted to know is it possible to deactivate airbag on passenger side to allow child seats in front? Does a switch come fitted or can I get one installed at a dealer?

Many thanks Richard

Reply to
UK_rick

On most new cars these days, the customer can opt to have the switch installed. However, it poses an insurance/liability problem, because in the event of an accident and you have the airbag deactivated, the manufacturer is no longer responsible for damages resulting from the airbag not deploying. However, should one choose to have this device installed, one should know that there is more paperwork to follow it. Experts all agree the best place for any child under 12 and under 100 pounds is in the rear seat, just to avoid any possible incidents. And, to my knowledge, thrid party companies will NOT install this device after you've driven it off the lot. Again, liability issues.

Reply to
TheOneTheyCallNeo