Passenger Airbag lights on Astra MK6 "J"

Hi all, I am looking for feedback from owners of Vauxhall Astra MK 6 "J" cars, 61 plate onwards and hope that members of this group will have the answer.

I'm having a dispute with my dealer regarding the passenger airbag lights on the right hand side of the centre console which are supposed to indicate the status of the passenger airbag. There is a switch inside the door on the drivers side which switches off the passenger airbag if a child seat is fitted in the front and there are 2 lights to the right of the centre console.

1 light "The light should come on when the ignition is turned on and stay on for approx' 4 seconds. If the light does not come on, stays on for longer than 4 seconds or comes on while driving, there is a fault with the passenger airbag." This is on page 107 of the manual.

My light comes on with the ignition but it takes over a minute to go off. My dealer says that the light is supposed to stay on all the time and they showed me this happening, albeit on a 60 plate car. Who is right?

If there are any Astra MK6 "J" owners out there with a 61 plate or later car, could you please have a look next time you use your car and see if the airbag on light stays on or turns off after 4 seconds with the airbag switch in the on position.

I very much appreciate any help with this!

Reply to
Ilene D'over

Did you ever reach a conclusion on this one?

Reply to
mikefstone