Anyone looked at a Fusion yet?

When we bought our Focus wagon, we downsized from a Taurus wagon. That has always felt like too much of a reduction. I'm beginning to see Fusions on the road. That looks like the size of car I really want. Has anyone taken one for a spin? What did you think of it? I wonder if Ford has a Fusion wagon version in the works.

Rob

Reply to
Basic Wedge

In alt.autos.ford.focus Basic Wedge :

Recently drove a Fusion for a day. Don't think there'll we be a wagon version at any time, the Fusion is already kind of mini van. There's lots of space in the car, particularly if you look how small the car is from the outside.

The engine was doing well, even if it was only the 80 Hp version, might change if fully loaded. But with one person it was doing quite well for the small engine.

Didn't liked the outside, which is of course just a personal preference. Seemed to me like a car for (older) people who like it comfortable, with good overview.

Reply to
Michael Heiming

I bought the Lincoln version of the Fusion, the Zephyr, for my wife. Loaded V6, MSRP 30K. I paid 27.5K. less 1K rebate. I she has nearly 4K on the clock. Plenty of get up and go when one needs to, rides nice even handles well for a FWD car. According to the onboard fuel computer she is averaging

26.8 MPG in mixed driving, with more of it being highway driving.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

The Mercury upgraded model is the Milan and the Lincoln is the Zephyr. The only common exterior is the roof. Each have their own interior styling and level of standard equipment. The Milan and Zephyr have standard 231 HP V6

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

The Fusion, Milan and Zephyr are mid size sedans, in the US. The same size as the Camry and Accord sold here.

mike hunt

> And the american Fusion:>>
> Ready for some confusion? :)>

Reply to
Mike Hunter

There seems to be two completely different new Fusions out. The europen Fusion:

the american Fusion:
for some confusion? :)/per

Reply to
per

In alt.autos.ford.focus per :

And the american Fusion:>
Ready for some confusion? :) Indeed, was starting to wonder about Mike's post, how on earth should a V6 fit into the suburban mini-van called Ford Fusion I drove recently and how could such a small vehicle use that much fuel?

That explains it! Perhaps they are short on names? ;-)

Reply to
Michael Heiming

I wasn't aware there are two different vehicles sharing the Ford Fusion name. I'm in Canada, so I'm looking at the North American vehicle.

Rob

Reply to
Basic Wedge

Well then Mike, I hope the Fusion is just as good as the Zephyr! They don't sell Mercury products here in Canada, so that's an option I can't really look at. How do you feel about the fuel economy you're getting? I've tried to convert that to metric, and it works out to less than 10km/l. That's not bad, but I'd hope for better.

Rob

"Mike Hunter" wrote ...

Reply to
Basic Wedge