fm radio problem

I have ford focus 2002. It has a 4500 fm/am radio cassette player. The cassette player and am bandwidth work fine but the fm radio doesn't work. Sometimes just when I start the car I have fm radio for less than a minute and then the signal seems to disappear, as though I do not have an antenna.

Can someone suggest a strategy for fixing the problem? Thank you

Reply to
ivanov.ton

Oddly enough the same thing has happened to my 2001 5000 fm/am radio recently. The FM channel tunes in to the local radio stations and displays their idents but there is no sound. I just assumed it was a one off (or the kids had been messing about and knackered it) but perhaps there is a fix out there.

D.

Have a look on eBay - you can pick these up pretty cheap as most people are moving to CD.

Paul R

Reply to
Paul R

Reply to
news

Especially when considering how it cheap they have now become, here's a post from a recent thread on uk.rec.cars.maintenance, about a recent offer from Aldi (I've also seen similar on sale at a Liddle).

Still in the box atm, but I did buy a similar one last year from Lidl

for £59 for the missus car. A different make (Silvercrest) but similar

spec and that produces excellent sound from it's 4x40watt.

"I bought one yesterday, fitted it today, seems good (loud) enough for me and is much better than the Ford6000 it's replaced. Plays from SD/MMC cards, has a USB flash drive slot in the front too, all works great, can't help thinking that a USB flash drive a couple of inches from your knee isn't gonna last long though ;) "

Reply to
Ivan

My 98 Escort suffered through that off and on for the last couple years before I replaced it. For a couple months no FM, then AM would tweak out. Then all in a sudden it would start picking up some stations. Bah.. I aquired an iPod and a transmitter. Made me happy, but I still do not know why the radio turned flaky

Reply to
Craig Bennett