Hesitation and stumbling at low throttle.

I recall seeing something a long time back about a stumble or hesitation when accelerating at low to medium throttle. I have a 2003 ZTW and have had this problem since it was new. Of course the dealer could find nothing wrong and said everything was fine when I took it in about none months back. Well I just took it in for the 20000 km service last week and to my great pleasure the problem disappeared during the hour or so that they had it. They did not report any replacements or changes, but the problem is gone. It now runs as smoothly as I always wanted and expected it to. It idles so smoothly now (about 700-750 rpm) that it is easy to forget is is actually running if I don't immediatelly shut it off after parking. And torque is much more dependable just off idle. Does anyone in the Ford service business have any idea what they might have changed that might account for this miracle healing? I will call and see if I can get an answer from the dealer and will report later if I can determine what the cause was. If you have this problem, do not believe them if they tell you that all Foci are all like that. It is fixable, for sure. The fix is quick, easy, cheap and may just be something that is normally done as a part of the

20,000 km service. The difference is like having a different engine. No more power, but much, much smoother.

Gord Seifert Chilliwack, BC

Reply to
Way

John Folkers

I was getting about 9.1 L/100km average prior to that service. I just went to Nakusp a week back and spent a LOT of the time with AC on and as you probably know there are a lot of mountains between here and Nakusp. The average since the service has been closer to 8.1 L/100km and at least half of that was on the trip. I did turn the AC off occasionally to keep the speed up on the upgrades. I was usually doing

120 to 140 kph, so it was work>hi from New West,
Reply to
Way

Really curious to know what magic they did, as I have the same problem here... Could it have been a software update?

Reply to
booyoo